New Delhi: Be it the smell of your favourite pizza variety or the want to stay at home and accept the couch potato life, several distractions can emerge as factors that can ruin a
Tips to stick to a diet
Here are some ways in which you can ensure sticking to a diet:
- Set realistic goals: Is the goal of your one-week diet plan to lose 50 kgs of weight? If yes then your diet plan won’t just put your motivation at risk, but it can have the potential to damage your physical and mental health. So if you want to follow a diet plan and stick with it, make sure that your goals are realistic.
- Reevaluate your grocery list: The items in your grocery list can play a major role in regulating health. Therefore, when jotting down your cart items, make sure that you include healthy foods.
- Don’t be afraid of snacking: Snacking is often viewed in a bad light due to the misconception that it leads to
weight gain. However, if moderated well, snacking can be effective against beating hunger pangs that can put you at risk of overeating. This can also help you stick with your diet.
- Keep a track of your diet: Maintaining a regular record of your diet can help you track your progress and come up with ways to modify your diet according to your convenience, health requirements, etc.
- Get professional help: Consulting a professional before commencing a diet can not only help you pick a diet that suits your
fitnessgoals, but it can also prevent the risk of any health complications that may befall due to sudden alterations in the diet. With a diet that’s healthy and convenient, sticking with the same comes easy.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.