What are the signs of mental exhaustion?
- You have been working late at night for long hours without a break
- Feeling overwhelmed with the deluge of work
- Always worrying about something
- Feeling stressed and
- Family and relationship issues
It is normal to feel tired or worn out sometimes but if it is affecting your thinking, ability to do daily chores, and even physical health, it may take a dangerous turn, and hence you should seek professional help. A few symptoms of mental exhaustion are:
- Lack of interest in any activity
- Lack of motivation
- Mood swings
- Depression and anxiety
Headachesand body aches
- Loss of appetite
- Upset stomach
- High blood pressure
- Social withdrawal
- Brain fog
How to overcome exhaustion?
Mental exhaustion can take a heavy toll on you. It becomes a challenge to manage stress when even other fun things do not sound and feel interesting. However, this “burnout” can be tackled easily with a few easy remedies:
- Create a balance: It is a little difficult to create a balance between work and life, but it is not impossible. Leave work-related stress and tension in the office and enjoy other aspects of life.
- Take regular breaks: A human body is not a machine. You need to take small breaks no matter how difficult and time-consuming your work is. Take a 5-10 minute walk every hour between work to declutter your mind and give your eyes and brain some respite.
- Take a
hobby class: You cannot be working all the time. Pursue other interests in life that make you happy and stress-free. Indulge in gardening, a guitar learning class, dancing, yoga, or singing to free your mind. Exercise: It is very important to work out daily. Take a long walk, run, jog or swim for at least 30-45 minutes to boost your physical and mental health.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.